Sharon Broz is currently serving her second term on the Chagrin Falls Exempted Village Schools Board of Education. Elected to the Board in 2015 and re-elected in 2019, she has served as President and Vice-President. Sharon is proud of the district’s many accomplishments during her time on the Board including:
- Improved student achievement as measured by the state report card (6th in Ohio in 2021 up from 25th in 2016) and U.S. News and World Report (Chagrin Falls High School ranked 291 in the nation and 8th in Ohio in 2021 up from 562 in the nation and 22 in Ohio in 2017)
- Hired Dr. Penczarski, Superintendent, with skills and experience to partner with the board to further elevate the district to provide a world class education to our students
- Hired Ashley Brudno, Treasurer, with skills and experience to partner with the board in managing rising costs and an aging infrastructure without sacrificing programming
- Passed 2 levies and a bond initiative with the highest passage rates in district history
- Completed a $30 million renovation of the Intermediate School on time and under budget
· Transitioned to a self-funded healthcare program producing more than a million dollars savings year-one while continuing to offer highly attractive benefits
· Pursued and received a $600,000 cultural arts grant from the State of Ohio to help offset the cost of the Intermediate School renovation
· Established a process, plan and budget for long-term facility maintenance that has yielded improvements to every building in the district
- Developed a dedicated Permanent Improvement revenue stream to begin saving for future facility needs
- Created a more secure environment for students through hiring a School Resource Officer and installing secure building entrances
- Conducted multiple collaborative negotiations with both Unions
- Continued to operate and provide an exceptional and safe education during the pandemic through a combination of virtual and in-person instruction
Prior to joining the Board, Sharon volunteered to support many district and community initiatives. Sharon has a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Denison University. She worked as a Business Manager for Capital One Financial Services in Richmond, VA managing a team responsible for providing services to 25 million customers and generating $35 million annual profit. Sharon worked as an Associate Analyst in Institutional Research at Wheat First Securities in Richmond, VA and obtained her General Securities Registered Representative (Series 7) and Uniform Securities Agent (Series 63) licensing while providing Officer and Director option exercise governance and sales support at Smith Barney, Harris Upham, New York, NY.
Sharon has been a member of the Chagrin Falls community since 2005.