Be a ROLL MODEL - Bike to School with the Intermediate School Students
Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Safe Routes Chagrin and the Dads’ Club have teamed up again for this fun event! Dads can be a “Roll Model” (moms can too) and bike to school with your student. Group rides are forming by neighborhood. If you live too far to bike to school from home, there are 2 park and ride opportunities* --
1) 7 to 7:15 am - Meet at the South Russell Park Pavilion on Bell Street - group departs promptly at 7:20am, or
2) 7:15-7:30 am - Meet at the Cleveland Clinic Family Health Center on Washington St. for a police-escorted group ride to school. Group departs promptly at 7:40am.
* Ride safely with a Bike Helmet and Follow the Rules of the Road
Once at school, all can enjoy an Einstein bagel and water (coffee for adults). Students will be entered for raffle prizes and will get an extra ticket if wearing their Safe Routes t-shirt (the one they received for Walk to School Day, either last fall or any year!).
Prizes include All-Weekend Ride Bracelets for Blossom-Time (courtesy of the Jaycees) and bike locks and lights and passes to the roller rink.
After school - Please discuss a plan with your student!
- Students can bike home from school with friends and any adults who are able to join them.
- Students who live too far away can be picked up with their bikes.
- Parents can retrieve students' bikes during the school day and students can ride the bus home.
IN THE EVENT OF RAIN: If it's too wet to ride, you will receive a dial-out message from Principal Read.
Bike To School With Dads' Day is hosted by:
Safe Routes Chagrin and the Chagrin Falls Dads' Club
and sponsored by:
First Federal Lakewood
The Cleveland Clinic Family Health Center, Chagrin Falls
Mountain Road Cycles