1834 – One-room schoolhouses emerge throughout the village
1842/1843 – The Ashbury Seminary School was built on the west side of Philomethian Street
1849 – The first Board of education is established in Chagrin Falls
1858 – The Ashbury Seminary was closed and purchased by the board of education. Village schoolhouses are consolidated into a Union School.
1879 – Hugh Christian completed the entire required curriculum and receives the first Chagrin Falls High School diploma. He was the only member of the graduating class.
1885/1886 – The brick Philomethian Street School was built and is referred to as the Chagrin Falls Union School.
1892 – A 750 seat assembly hall and schoolrooms are added to the Philomethian Street School.
1895 – Electric lights were installed in the Philomethian School.
1907 – the Chagrin falls Schools were granted a charter from the State Department of Education entitled, “First Grade High School” meaning a four-year high school.
1913 – A grandstand is built at the Cuyahoga County fairgrounds on East Washington Street, the home of the present Harris Stadium.
1914 – A brick high school building was built facing east Washington Street
1923 – Alterations are made to the Philomethian Street School including a gymnasium.
1927 – The board of education acquired the use of 54 acres of land at the site of the old Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds on East Washington Street for educational and recreational purposes.
1937 – The Chagrin falls Schools become the Chagrin falls Exempted Village Schools, “exempt” from county control.
1945 – The first night football game was held at the high school football field.
1957 – The Lewis sands Elementary School was built on the site of the old Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds on east Washington Street.
1959 – The first outdoor graduation ceremony was held at the athletic field on East Washington Street.
A new high school was built at the site of the old Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds. The class of 1960 is the first to graduate from the new building.
1961 – A separate “little red schoolhouse” was built next to Lewis Sands School.
A new gymnasium and language arts building, now used as the cafeteria and commons at the high school, were built.
1963 – The Chagrin Valley Conference was organized.
1966 – The T.C. Gurney Elementary School was built in South Russell.
1971 – The bus garage was built at Gurney School.
1983 – Gurney School was closed due to declining enrollment.
1984 - A new all-weather track was installed at the high school athletic Field
1988 – Gurney School was reopened due to increasing enrollment.
1989 – Major renovations were made at the Middle School.
1993 – Computer modifications were done in all Chagrin Falls school buildings.
1998 – Four new classrooms were built at the high school.
Additions and renovations were made at Gurney School.
1998/1999 – A new Middle School containing grades 7-8 was built at the former Lewis Sands location with shared-use facilities with the high school.
The former Chagrin Falls Middle School on Philomethian Street was renovated and renamed the Chagrin Falls Intermediate School containing grades 4-6.
Classroom additions were made at the high school.
Athletic Fields were added at Gurney School.
2004 – New artificial field installed at Harris Stadium
2007 – Grand Opening of the Performing Arts Center